1/2 sliced onion
200g thin sliced beef or minced
1 and half cup water
pinch of salt and pepper
1. Peel, wash and cut the potatoes and carrots into pieces and boil until soft and drain.
2. Heat pot and add the oil, fry the beef add a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Add the potato and carrots. Add sake.
4. Add water and bring to boil.
5. Add sugar, mirin and soysauce.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-10mins then add the onions and simmer again for another 10mins. The carrots and potatoes are already soft so you shouldn't have to simmer for too long, it's up to you. You can make the potatoes & carrots softer by mushing it with a spatula. The longer you simmer the more flavoursome it becomes.
Serve with rice and you're done! I also find it really goes well with peach water!