Thursday 28 April 2011

Lost In Austen

Very few people...actually no one knows that I have an obsession with Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Seriously who can not fall in love with Mr Darcy and want Elizabeth to end up with him. I absolutely adore the 1995 version, Colin Firth is Mr Darcy and I could not imagine anyone else play to him. In my opinion 2005 P&P movie's Mr Darcy while easy on the eyes he lacked the haughty attribute and was a bit too emotional. But I dare say, Lost in Austen's Darcy played by Elliot Cowan is just as good as Colin Firth's!*gasp*

Lost in Austen is about a girl Amanda Price who loves the P&P books swaps places with Elizabeth Bennett and is stuck in 18th Century England right at the start of the book. This mini series is hilarious and the idea is smart and fun. Especially love the references and my favourite part is how she compares Darcy with Colin Firth's and makes him go into the pond to get himself wet! A postmodern moment for her and us viewers! Entertaining! I cant believe I have never seen it but glad I waited, got the limited edition DVD journal(^ะท^)-☆Definitely a show for all P&P lovers who wants to escape to an alternative story line.

Maybe I can fill it up with inspiring adventures?

No comments:

Post a Comment