Saturday 19 March 2011

Kimchi Croquettes

Everytime I visit my Korean friend's restaurant I will always order their delicious Kimich Croquettes but like any luxury restaurant the portions are so tiny...and I'm never satisfied (yes, I'm greedy) :P :P Luckly my tastebuds remembers food so I decided to make my own and after a few attempts I've mastered it (so proud of myself!) ☆〜(ゝ。∂)
Kimchi Croquette
Makes...a lot!
8 potatoes
100g-250g kimchi
3 cups of shredded cheese
2 eggs
5 cups corn flour
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1. Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into pieces and boil until soft. While waiting cut the kimchi into small pieces (use gloves if you don't want your hand smelling like Kimchi :P)
2. Once soft, mash the potatoes and mix in the chopped kimchi and cheese (frozen shredded cheese=ok). Add in the egg yolk but leave the white yolk in a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Empty the corn flour onto a plate

3. With your hands grab half a palm of the mixture. Roll into a ball. Dip into white yolk then cover with corn flour. Deep fry and eat with sauce (see below)
***If you like Kimchi by all means add more, if your stomach can't handle the heat add less. Same with the cheese, if you love cheese add a whole lot more :) ***

Korean Sauce
3 tablespoon sesame oil
3 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon water
*The ratio is for sesame to soy sauce is 1:1*

Crunchy on the outside, soft and cheesy on the inside~♥♥!

No comments:

Post a Comment