Monday 18 July 2011

The Picture In The Bedroom

A lot of my inspiration comes from books, movies, TV etc and one of them is; of course the world of Narnia as mentioned before :) In the 3rd series "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" by C.S Lewis my favourite part in the book as well as the movie is when the kids get sucked into Narnia once again, only this time through a painting. I love how pictures speaks more than words, and this scene always gives me goosebumps. After searching far and wide noone sold this replica painting so I decided to make one myself. Why? Because I want to go back to Narnia too :P :P haha. The best medium to use on a canvas was oil paint, thanks to my mum who had taught me oil painting. And after many trials and error I have finished~~~~~!! This project took me hours of my weekends for a month but I am really proud of myself, all I need is a frame to hang this in my own bedroom.







Original painting from the movie. Screen cap taken from here




COMPLETE!




I have made the colours darker than they originally were...Again my camera doesn't capture all the colours but I prefer the feeling that a storm is coming before water leaks through the canvas.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I'll take a photo with my camera when I get the chance, I'll make sure your painting goes into your room ;)

    ReplyDelete